Point Blank Airsoft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Shop Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a new team?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: a new team?   a new team? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:17 am

hey everyone, i realize that most people on here are former players for aj or point blank airsoft players. Since all branches of that team got disbanded, if anyone is interested in joining/starting a team just message me on the forum, thanks
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:05 pm

o and I'm looking at having about 10 - 12 people on it, other details will be discussed by the team after we have a team, ex. uniform, name, leader, etc.
Back to top Go down
trogdor121

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Yea Id love too and Im pretty sure my 3 other friends might want to also. Imma noob tho gettin a echo 1 A.S.C. for Christmas
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:49 pm

I was having the same Idea a few months ago... I’m going for a Recon style element. I like to take the least obvious route to engage the enemy... Hence my nickname, the Pathfinder... Matt, Ice, you know this best of all, I would go an hour out of my way to get that twenty minutes of glory and win the game…

This is what we have so far...

This Post Will Be Updated As More Ideas Are Presented...

1... Teams Role & Theme...
One name that hits my mind is “First Encounter Assault Recon” (F.E.A.R.), it’s a great acronym if ever there was one...

Our team needs to have basic skills in Close Quarter Combat, Team Movment, in Tracking (targets through a wooded environment like at bad karma), Setting up an Ambush, and of course Reconnaissance . It would also be nice if we knew a little bit of Hand to Hand Combat, not neccesary but it would be nice.

This isnt just a Recon only style team, Reconnaisance is something you have to do no matter what your role is... If you are a support gunner you have to find your target, gauge the distance, determan whether they're hostile or not, how many there are and figure out were the best place to engage them from is... Everything we do, even off duty at home playing video games and sports, uses Reconnaisance... Recon is not a specific skill that determines what a team does, its something needs to learn and know how to use it know matter what the situation is...

2. Command Structure...
We can’t have one leader who is in control over the whole team, as seen in the real military that one person becomes too comfortable (lazy), giving orders that don’t make sense to those who are doing the actual fighting... Instead we will have multiple leaders...
How will anything get done you ask, easy...
Say we have 16 men in our Airsoft Team, we split them up into 4 squads (Fire Teams, which ever you call it), each with 4 squad members. 1 person from each of those squads (4 total) is in charge of any decisions for their squad. Dividing the team like this makes it not only easier for the leaders but also makes giving orders and tracking who's doing what that much painless. Think about it, you only have to track what 3 guys are doing instead of 15... Pretty cool right... It gives the unsure guys a chance to learn with a small squad then be stuck leading a whole platoon.
Oh and I’m not talking about having a couple of 4 man squads, I’m talking about the whole team being made up of four man squads.
Also these designated leaders are in charge of making sure news gets put out to their squad members (ie game times, practice dates, meetings)

I just made a Group on Facebook so we can keep the team in contact whenever this site goes down... F.E.A.R. Airsoft Team
If you want to join send me a message with the subject PBA Resurrected and i'll let you in.

3. Weapons...
Primary Weapons... I dont know exactly what weapons you all perfer, but I do know Matt, Skarin, Lefler, and Myself run with an M4 variant, and Ice uses an L-96 (I have a (mostly) stock ICS M4 if you need a new Primary)... We need to decide make sure we are all running with a gun we can all swap mags for...

Each Squad must carry a Primary weapon that uses the same basic mags (i.e. M4, AK, H&K), I don’t care what your Secondary weapon is however (I.e. Sniper Rifle, Pistol, SMG, whatever). If you have the whole squad running with a Primary weapon that use the same mag, then if one person runs out faster than you, you can toss him one and keep fighting, instead of worrying about two lanes of fire to cover while that guy reloads ALL his mags...
Example
Finley's Example wrote:
Squad 1; M4 mags
Man 1: has an Tar 21 with 10 midcap 120rnd mags.
Man 2: has an M4 with 5 midcap 60rnd mags, and a 1000rnd boxmag.
Man 3: has an L85 with 4 hicap 300rnd mags.
Man 4: has an ACR with 2 hicap 300rnd mags, 4 midcap 100rnd mags, and one 500rnd boxmag.

Squad 2; AK mags
Man 1: has an AK-47 with 6 hicap 250rnd mags.
Man 2: has an AK-74 with 2 hicap 250rnd mags, and 4 midcap 150rnd mags.
Man 3: has a Galiel with 8 midcap 150rnd mags.
Man 4: has an RPK? with 2 1000 rnd boxmags, and 2 hicap 300rnd mags.
As you can see here, every man in one squad can swap mags with each other, making it easy to cover whoever runs out first... plus it makes it so you have a better chance at using the gun you want...

5. Gear & Clothing...

a… Clothing... What ever is most comfortable to you... If you want a uniform you can get cheap ones here... True Spec Coats , True Spec Trousers .

b… Gloves… Nomex Hard Shell Knuckle Tactical Gloves ,

c… Boots… Black Hawk Boots (These may cost a pretty penny, But I guaranty these are the best boots you could ever buy… I’m now working on my second pair and I LOVE them),

d… Face Makes… Striker V1 Lower Face Mask , or Striker V2 Lower Face Mask . I might also recommend this Balaclava under your masks. I’m tempting on making this mandatory, cause honestly its either 18 bucks for this or a couple hundred for a tooth replacement… just my suggestion.

e… Head Ware… Deciding Now... May either be a Ball cap or a Helmet of some type...

f… Goggles… Again, I’ll leave this to personal preference, however, What ever you decide to use, you must have either Ballistic Glasses or Ballistic Goggles that are ANSI Certified… NO MESH GOGGLES... I will not allow you on the team if you can’t meet this one Requirement.

Gear... This will be standardized.

a… Vest… Must be Multicam, Khaki, Coyote, or Tan in color, but you may choose any style vest... Here are a few examples... Phantom / Pantac Force Recon Tactical Vest Full Set (MC) , USMC C.I.R.A.S. Force Recon Vest (if you want it ready to go), or Modular Molle System Vest , MOLLE Web Tactical Vest.

b… Pouches… Must be either Multicam, Khaki, Coyote, or Tan in color... Enough Mag pouches to carry your basic load for your gun (all your mags minus one in the gun), Magazine Dump Pouch , Radio Pouch, Pistol Mag Pouch this will hold a 100rnd speed loader , and an Accessory Pouch to hold a bag of ammo or gas for your pistol...
However, one thing that is mandatory regardless, is a Camel Bak... I don’t care if its this one exactly or some cheap Wal-Mart brand, doesn’t matter.

I will not allow you on the team if you can’t meet this one Requirement.

c... Communications... It would be nice if the whole team ran with Headsets... Matrix / Element Headset (Type D) (Desert Tan), Motorola TalkAbout 5-Mile Radios... I would recommend making radios a mandatory thing too.

d... Other... Tactical Rubber Bayonet with Sheath

4. Recruitment...
I know this wasn’t something AJ put tremendous effort into, so we will need to improve upon that... All of the original PBA members will be able to join without screening... Anybody that’s new to Airsoft (I.e. less than 2 years) or wants to join must be screened before their application can be accepted. This topic will get tedious so we'll go over the details later...

Here is an example of the vest loadout that I will be running with.
Vest... MOLLE Web Tactical Vest (Tan)
Front... MOLLE Multi-Purpose Handheld FRS Radio Pouch (MC) (1ea), Double Pistol Mag Pouch (MC) (1ea), MOLLE Multi-Purpose Map Pouch (MC) (1ea), Double M4 Mag Pouch (MC) (2ea),
Sides... Gadget Pouch (Tan) (1ea), Rip-Away EMT Pouch (Tan) (1ea), Belt Magazine Dump Pouch (MC) (1ea).
Back... MOLLE Tactical Hydration Carrier (MC) (1ea).

Finley

Ps: this is the longest post I have ever written for any of my Forums, regardless of edits...

Last edited by Finley on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:45 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 pm

definitely sounds like you've put some thought into this. But i definitely agree. and as for the recruiting, aj really didnt do that good of a job on that part. i kind of like the idea the gun devils use to host their try outs every year. they host a mil sim and have team members watch out during the game for who they want to be on their team. just an idea though.

2. as for your idea on gear, definitely would make us look a lot better and give the intimidation factor to those who see us. and if our team ever goes to an overnight mil sim like L.g.2 then it would be nice for everyone to be able to carry their own stuff. something you didn't include was a knife(plastic knife, not real), this would help for when we need to take out targets quietly without having to use a large volume of gunfire and attract a lot of attention(especially if you're going for a recon type unit). camelbaks should definitely be mandatory. when people carry canteens out on the field, the first thing that comes to my mind is "noob."
although you didn't include a specific camouflage, i think it would be a good idea to go with multicam, whether you want to buy the acu or the bdu edition is up to you. its been proven to work better on the field year round than just about every other camo.
Head gear? haven't really thought about it much. if were going for a recon outfit then i would recommend ball caps(tan preferably) with shooters glasses. or if we were to go with helmets with balaclavas that would be pretty nice looking gear.

3. after we have a team we need to have two or three practice dates. (we only had 1 while i was at PBA). and if you want this to be a recon unit, most people don't have basic skills in recon just off the top of their heads.

4. the name is definitely staying. pretty clever to come up with that.

5. size of the team? how big do you want this team? airsoft has a lot to do with numbers, so i would say no less than 12 with a maximum amount of twenty. and also the fire teams/leaders is a good idea. it'd be nice to have 2 four man fire teams together while the others are somewhere on the field doing another job. i wouldn't want the team to be too big though, but large enough to where we can reinforce ourselves without having to rely on people from the green/black team (who aren't on the same freqs as us) to come in and bail us out. i've had numerous times where my team is getting slaughtered and i've called for back up and no one came. another thing is that if we had a larger team then we could work together(take two different routes) and flank a target by hitting the target simultaneously. logistics would help so much on the field, or just being able to know that you have guys coming from a different place to attack the same target you are.

6. what about radios? not everyone has them ( i have two, one for myself and one i can loan someone). if were gonna have a team then communication is vital. if you can't communicate than you don't even have a team after you have stepped out onto the field, and when you come into contact with the other team then you're screwed.
Back to top Go down
iceman117
Moderate
Moderate
iceman117

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 pm

It's a good idea bro, as long as you guys stick with this shit... I'm game. (Come home safe bud, been awhile since I've heard from ya) afro
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:01 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_96&products_id=4463

here's the link for a possible vest. comes in tan, green, black and something else i think
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:01 pm

ok so officially we have three team members to start out.
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Personaly I like this one... Phantom / Pantac Force Recon Tactical Vest Full Set (MC)... and yes it comes with all those pouches...

Its good to see you agree with most of my suggestions, I'll revise my last post the more we think of things...

Oh, and count me in...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:17 pm

ok so when you get back from afghanistan we can get things up and running. Good luck and see ya when you get back
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:20 pm

ya i like that vest too. its a little pricy though. and as much as i like multicam vests it could be problematic if we ever decide to change camouflages because then everyone has a 200 dollar mc vest and a different outerwear
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:28 pm

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=31624

here's another just for an idea
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:03 pm

---Update to my first post---

Im not feeling that last vest you posted... I like the second one in my post... its basic and if you get the tan one you can throw any patterned pouch on it and it'll still look good... but I see your point though.
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:45 pm

ya i don't really like it anymore either, it looked good at first but it just looks kind of cheap. and the one you like, there is one at nashville airsoft just like it for a lot cheaper. but ya i definitely like that one. its a plate carrier and it offers a lot of room for pouches and such. its a really good one and i haven't found anything better yet. so do you wanna have that be the official team vest for now?

o and just checking, you do know me don't you?

o and here's that vest in coyote

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=27758
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:37 am

Personally, I dont care what vest you get... But what we do need to decide on is what color we're going with... Is it going to be MC? If so then I say we either go for a full brown/tan/cyote colored vest with same colored pouches or a brown/tan/cyote colored vest with MC pouches... A MC vest looks ugly and to pricy once you get it all together...

Also, what about team communications... How are we going to stay in touch with everyone? We're not going to be able to stay here for very long... we could create a new forum site for us, or we can use facebook until we get our site up...

oh and Lefler, im sorry but its been awhile since I saw you in person, so, no I dont remember who you are...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:45 am

well i would definitely say coyote because it goes with just about any type of camouflage. as for comms, i guess we'll have to start out with walkie talkies and work our way up from there.

and your right, this forum was definitely not designed for this, Facebook is a good option. i'll send you a request when i get back on later this afternoon. I'm off to bad karma today though.

what's your name on fb?
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Coyote sounds good... I started a group on Facebook... its - F.E.A.R. Airsoft Team , my fb page is christopher.finley1

--- Update to post #4 ---
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:10 pm

i'll add it in a second, saw some good players out on the field today. there are definitely a bunch of people to be checked out for our team

o and are you aware that there is another team with the exact same acronym as ours? and is it "fear airsofting? "
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 am

lefler wrote:
other details will be discussed by the team after we have a team, ex. uniform, name, leader, etc.

We need to have as much of this ironed out as possible, this way it makes it look like we know what we're doing, we'll look proffessional, and we'll have a better chance at picking up new members that are older then 13...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:41 am

true, thats something i didn't like that aj did with his team is that everyone was 15, heck i was 13 when i first joined that. and so far we've got coyote vests with multicam uniforms (possibility) and how many people are we looking to pick up?
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:54 pm

at first I say we start small and try to fill two squads (8 people), we all ready have 5 guys sofar, then we'll worry about filling more squads and shifting positions/responsibilitys around...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 am

Sounds good, have you ever heard of the airsoft op Irene? The one that reinacts back hawk down ? Well if our team is up and running by then I'd like to go to it. I think it's in the summer other than that I have no clue about the specs of the event
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:31 am

Yes I have... and I would love to go to one. sign ups are usually in March or April and they fill up fast... like within the first 30 mins its full. I belive the op is held in July.

Have you ever heard of op. Lion Claws, its ran by the same guy... John Lu... supposedly its better then Irene and I would love to go to that one to however its in southern California.

I dont think our team will be ready by sign up time... but we should be good by the time the op rolls around.
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

ya ive heard of it but that might be a problem if its in southern california. but ya it sounds like an awesome op. and i was doing some research on irene last night and it sounds pretty intense. like a three day op or something like that i believe, but it would probably be a good idea to start out by going to something local first like columbian blend or some bad karma hosted op.
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:45 pm

I agree... I think we should keep our games local to TN and the imidiatly surrounding states for the first year... But I would love to go to Irene this year, with or with out the team.

Columbian Blend will deffinetly be on the board for next year...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a new team? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? Empty

Back to top Go down

a new team?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next