Point Blank Airsoft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Shop Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a new team?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

a new team? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:48 pm

ya irene looks like it would be shit ton of fun. our first team op should be columbian blend, or at least try to. do you know what state and where irene is held?
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Quote :
Operation Irene VII, October 29~31, 2010

The Battle of the Black Sea

The Day of the Rangers

'The Battle of Mogadishu' (also referred to as the Battle of the Black Sea) or for Somalis 'The Day of the Rangers' was a battle that was part of Operation Gothic Serpent that was fought on October 3 and 4, 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia. Forces of the United States, supported by UNOSOM II, battled against Somali militia fighters loyal to warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid, with support from armed civilian fighters. Task Force Ranger, which consisted of an assault force made up of US Army Delta Force, US Army Rangers, an air element provided by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), four Navy SEAL operators from SEAL Team 6, and members of the Air Force Pararescue/Air Force Combat Controllers, executed an operation which involved traveling from their compound on the outskirts of the city to capture 'tier one' members of the Habr Gidr clan, headed by Warlord Aidid. In the course of the operation, two U.S. UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters were shot down by rocket-propelled grenades which began an urban battle that lasted throughout the night.

Operation Irene VIII: The Day of the Rangers, is set to pay tribute to those lost in the real fight and recreates elements of the infamous battle as Col. Danny McKnight and 1SG Matt Eversman, joined by MSG Howard 'Mad Max' Mullen lead participants from around the country arrayed as 'Task Force Ranger' and 'Warlord Aidid's (portrayed by former Russian Airborne SGT Igor Dobroff) Freedom Fighter militiamen in combat. The setting is the Zussman Urban Combat Training Center at Ft. Knox, KY, the premier US Army MOUT site in the US, where the battle will once again rage to decide the outcome. Will Task Force Ranger be successful in capturing the Warlord and bringing peace and stability to the city, or will the Warlord reign in terror and chaos? Will YOU step into the battle and make the difference?

and heres a link to there calander with some other interesting sounding games... Lion Claws Calander

This one sounds fun too...

Quote :
Operation Northern Light 2010, September 3~5, 2010

In nine years of running MilSim, Operation Lion Claws Military Simulation Series is proud to present, arguably, the most exotic AO of them all; behold Operation Northern Light at the Linfield Industrial Park!

In the years after Armies ravaged the land for power two groups of fighters remained strong at the Linfield Wasteland.

Retired US Army Ranger MSG .Mad Max. Mullen and his elite Federation Force are inching forward on the grounds held by former Soviet Airborne Sgt. Igor Dobroff's Renegades.

At this ruin that resembles Stalingrad which Army will prevail?
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:38 pm

so are all these held at fort knox? and ya irene is definitely one to attend and the other sounds really fun
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:45 pm

From what it looks like Irene is the only one in Knox... the secound one I posted is in PA.

Im having a hard time coming up with more Ideas for the team... any suggestions?

Again... all suggestions and Ideas are copied to my first post... post number 4... on the first page, have a looksy and let me know if you have anything to add.
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am

Well I've been looking at Irene a lot and it appears recon might not be the best skill for that op. Our team needs to have basic skills in close quarter battles ( how to take large buildings or small buildings) , How to move an 8 man team from building to building ( or just moving as a team in general) , in tracking targets through a wooded environment like at bad karma, ambushing, and of course recon
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Lefler wrote:
Well I've been looking at Irene a lot and it appears recon might not be the best skill for that op. Our team needs to have basic skills in close quarter battles ( how to take large buildings or small buildings) , How to move an 8 man team from building to building ( or just moving as a team in general) , in tracking targets through a wooded environment like at bad karma, ambushing, and of course recon

You pretty much just discribed the Teams role... Have you ever played FEAR? The video game for PC / Xbox... thats all they did for 80% of the game was CQC...
How ever you did give me something to add to on the 4th post... What The Teams Role Is... study
Hopefully it'll bring everyone up to the same page... Razz
But any ways this isnt just a Recon only style team, Reconnaisance is something you have to do no matter what your role is... If you are a support gunner you have to find your target, gauge the distance, determan whether they're hostile or not, how many there are and figure out were the best place to engage them from is... Everything we do even off duty at home playing video games and sports we use Reconnaisance for everything... Recon is not a specific skill that determines what a team does, its something everyone needs to learn and know how to use no matter what the situation is...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Very true. And no I've never played the game. I think we've covered just about everything we need to start a team, except we need to think about how were going to do recruting
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:29 pm

I supose thats good then... scratch ... its a horror FPS style game and trust me it gets some of our hard core infantry guys scared so Im not surprised you have not played it yet... But... Its still a good game and would recomend you try it out if your into that theme...

Recruting will hopefully be the easy part of this team... Im not going to Advertise this team like alot of noobs do posting things like "New Team - looking for new members" or "Would you like to join our Team" things like that... to better explain it I turn you over to Radar from Opsec Radio... go to the iTunes Store and download;
-Opsec Airsoft Radio - Live show for September 20th, 2007
I forget what episode number it is but they basicly say the best way to recruit is go about your normal playdates do your thing and if people take notice of you and become interested then they will want to talk to you and possibly want to join your team. The best way for people to take notice is to talk to people, encourage minors, talk about gear, what gun or equipment they use, talk about tactics, Hell talk about life in general... dosent matter... just be out right friendly to everyone...

You now what... When I get home tonight I'll load up iTunes and let you know exactly what episodes to download. They give alot of usefull info for both New Players and New Teams.
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Ok... here are the episodes I recommend everyone listens to...

-Opsec Airsoft Radio-

Live Show for October 11th, 2006 - The Airsoft Squad Automatic Weapon
Live Show for October 18th, 2006 - The Airsoft Grenadier
Live Show for November 9th, 2006 - The Airsoft Sniper
Live Show for November 30th, 2006 - Como In Airsoft Like a Star @ heaven
Live Show for December 7th, 2006 - The Airsoft Medic Like a Star @ heaven
Live Show for January 18th, 2007 - So Now You're The Squad Leader Like a Star @ heaven
Live Show for January 25th, 2007 - Building An Airsoft Team Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Live Show for August 23rd, 2007 - Form vs Function Like a Star @ heaven
Live Show for September 20th, 2007 - Minors In Airsoft Like a Star @ heaven
Episode 104 - June 12th, 2008 - Know Your Role: Combat Photographer
Episode 106 - July 3rdm 2008 - Know Your Role: The Recon Element Like a Star @ heaven
Episode 116 - Know Your Role: RTO
Episode 117 - Tactastic: Movement Under Fire Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Episode 118 - New Player Guide Like a Star @ heaven
Episode 119 - The Art of The Ambush Like a Star @ heaven
Episode 120 - Effective Counter-Sniper Tactics

the stars represent the ones I highly recomend you listen too...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:46 pm

sounds like a good idea, or if team F.E.A.R. was to host an open play date and that would give us a chance to look and see who's out there. and to let players know we are looking to add people to our team just to get the word out. and i'll make sure to get that off of itunes in a little while.

and i was reading over the fourth post (the one you keep updating) and i run with a kwa m4 by the way

Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Indeed... We may only get 2 or 3 playdates but it might be all we need for this year...

I know I havent given this much light... but... About the Team Training Days... My thoughts were to have a session once a month, after that days game on both Saturday and Sunday for maybe 4hrs max. This way we can learn what we can with out over stressing everyone and taking to much of everyones time... We could plan it around the bigger games of each month, this way we get the most fun and the best opportunity's to learn different things on the spot... Then maybe we'll have a Team dinner afterwards...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 pm

ya it sounds like a good idea. we don't wanna make our practices too long, but we don't want to make them so short that it's just a waste of time to drive out there. and if we just stayed like 30 minutes after a game (like when they usually do pick up games) and just kind of go over stuff that happened at the game that could cause trouble in the future. and practice on sunday would be a problem for me because of church and basketball (high school basketball practices a ton, even on sundays). but saturdays will work. and ya the idea of a team dinner is pretty good, it would give us time to talk about everything and just get some "team time"
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Agreed, but 30 min is no where near the time needed for a proper Training session... The Training I plan on running use through in a few hours, would take The Army days to do... 4hrs is just a rough time frame, hopefully it'll only take 2hrs, that'll give us plenty of time for dinner and reflection...

hmm..... If we cant get the whole team to show up for one whole weekend once a month... Then we'll have to bump it up to one day, every other week.

I would like to hear what the rest of the teams thoughts are, if they would chime in and offer there thoughts, that would be great this way I dont feel like this is becoming My Team... I would much rather perfer it being Our Team...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Ya a few hours won't be bad but I'm
just saying since the days are so short here, it gets dark almost immediately after the game is over

O and merry Christmas man
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone...

That wont be to much of a big deal... Figure most of the summer games are ending by or around 2pm, or at least breaking up by then... That gives us plenty-'o-time...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Ya so the practices aren't really a problem. And it'll give a chance to go over stuff while it's fresh on our minds and I think we should have a few practices before we go to a game as a team. Unles you want to go to a game first to see what we need to work on
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Agreed... Thats one reason I planed on haveing practices after that days game, so any thoughts or concerns were still on your mind...

Another matter is what team should we gun for?... Trying to be on the good guys (Black or US) is always going to be extremely difficult, Im curios if we should just always aim for the Opforce (Green or any contry other then US)... if we aim for the Opforce all the time then we need to choose a camo accepted every where as bad guy camo...

Im not sure on what uniform we should use though... MC is starting to be universly accepted as US camo... We should take a vote on what camo pattern we should use... Heres a short list of some different patterns... Stars represent camo patterns that are accepted as Bad guys...

MultiCam
Digital MultiCam
ACU
Desert Marpat
Woodland Marpat Like a Star @ heaven
Cadpat Like a Star @ heaven
German Flecktarn Like a Star @ heaven
Sopat (Would have been a greet Camo pattern if they were still selling them)
BDU's Like a Star @ heaven

I'll try to find some more later... unless you guys suggest some more or you all agree on one posted already...

Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:48 pm

i would rather be on u.s. teams just because in most ops the good guys usually get the better planned part of the op. and if we need to be bad guys most people except black as bad guys so we can just wear our black shirts with the rest of our multicam gear. and that brings something else up, do you wanna have a secondary uniform? something cheap like bdu's or acu's, stuff that everyone has already is preferable. and as for training, we should probably do a simulated op before we actually go to an op.

and after we have a team we need to assign team positions (ex. designated marksman, support gunners, pathfinder, etc.)
Back to top Go down
iceman117
Moderate
Moderate
iceman117

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 pm

I like where all this is going. You guys have put in a lot of thought into this with in a couple days..--- Finley, you know I'm always for Desert Marpat Cool Sorry that I haven't been putting in much, been kinda busy. I'll start checking this on a daily basis now.--- As far as recruiting...please be careful about who exactly you recruit. I really dont want to have to trust a dumb-ass to cover my back, ya know.

(I'm always the sniper Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
iceman117
Moderate
Moderate
iceman117

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Welp, I went ahead and created a forum, there is still a bunch of crap that needs to be done... but at least we can stop coming to this forum.

http://fear.myfastforum.org/index.php
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:42 am

I agree, the US team will always have better planed ops then the Opforce will have, but its limited too... example... US; theres your target, you can shoot these people but you cant shoot those people, you can only use those weapons on then but you cant use this one cause its considered overkill... On top of dozens of more stupid rules that restrict how you could accomplish a task... Where as the Opforce says theres your target, go and destroy it by what ever means neccessary.

I still dont think we should standerdize the uniform we wear, (atleast not yet), you should wear whatever you feel is comfortable... Plus this gives us more time and money to focus on gear/equipment and guns... Im all for standerdizing the Equipment/Gear to the MultiCam/Coyote/Tan... This way we still look like a team...
Since the Army is changing to MC I dont want to have another issue like I did with the ACU's... Most of us are all ready set up for ACU so that can be our secondary uniform...

What do you mean by having a practice Op before the real Op?...

Team position is unimportant right now, but agreed, when the team is ready, then we'll give out positions...

Ice, its good to see you here, do you have anything to add to this? Thanks for the new forum, unfortunetly I cant open it here on my computer, but'll check it out when I get to work... If I cant access it there then I'll bite the dust and spend a few bucks for a dedicated forum site... like this one...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 am

ok but if we aren't going to standardize the uniforms we should probably standardize headwear so people dont think its just a coincidence that we are wearing the same gear. and thats a good point for not standardizing uniforms(yet) so we have money for guns and gear.

and the "practice op", i mean we have a designated opforce (not people on our team) give them an objective (to defend something or kidnap someone, etc.) and we have an objective to take something from them or recon them just something like that. it would be preferable for the opforce to out number us so that it makes it harder for us. and it would just be like a couple of hours long, not like a real op. and the idea is to just simulate a situation to see how the team reacts to it. do you see what i'm saying?
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:34 am

Ok, I can agree to that... here are a few choices I found...
Special Forces Operator Tactical Ball Cap
Tactical Multicam Ball Cap
Condor Jungle Boonie Hat
There is also the choice of helmats, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to be forced to wear those... I'll also start looking at patches, and seeing how much it'll run us for a custom Team patch...

Thats pretty much sounds like a training day... but ok, ya that sounds fine...
Back to top Go down
lefler
Intermediate
Intermediate
lefler

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:06 pm

well right now i wear a mich style helmet (for reasons such as tripping and falling head first into a building) and if a whole team wore those it would look pretty awesome partially because nobody else wears them. but if you want to go with tan or multicam ball caps i'm fine with that. but i've got to say no to the boonies, if we were going to be in nothing but woods all the time i would say maybe but there is a lot of urban fighting going on and it just gets in the way (to me at least, i used to wear one) . but if you want to have balaclavas for lower face protection then i would say helmets because i just don't think they look good with hats.

and ya thats what i mean except in stead of taking time to stop the game and go over just have it continuous
Back to top Go down
Finley
Moderate
Moderate
Finley

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:34 pm

leflar wrote:
i wear a mich style helmet
Im sorry...

leflar wrote:
if a whole team wore those it would look pretty awesome partially because nobody else wears them.
The only problem I have with those (aside from the fact that I have to wear one for work) is there big and heavy, campared to a Ball Cap... There is this however... USMC Type Helmet ... its the same size as a skateboard helmet, plus its smaller and lighter then a MICH... For lower Facepro, I plan on getting a Striker Gen1 or a Striker Gen2... I think these will look better with the USMC Helmet more then they will with a ball cap, but ohwell... Its up to the team...

Heres another thing to keep in mind... We'll be playing mostly in the summer time, are you going to want to drag around a crazy helmet set up or a thin Ball Cap? Im going to have enough gear as it is, Im not going to want to wear a helmet on top of all of it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a new team?   a new team? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

a new team?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next